- they are a member of a professional counselling association which requires them to abide by an enforceable code of ethics (or Ethical Framework in the case of BACP).
- appropriate Professional Indemnity/Civil Liabilities insurance is arranged.
- they are registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
- the counsellor is receiving regular clinical supervision from a recognised supervisor approved by us.
- all counselling for us is carried out in our professional counselling premises; except in very exceptional circumstances.
For counselling to be effective, most people attend a one-hour session once a week. Sometimes fortnightly sessions can be arranged, if appropriate. Monthly sessions are not available at the beginning of counselling.
Think about your total financial commitment. Some people find that six to twelve sessions are sufficient. Clients with long-standing issues may require more sessions.
We offer a straightforward fee structure. You can expect to pay for a 50-60 minute session:
- Up to £40 for Qualified counsellors with less than 2,000 hours experience.
- £40 – £45 for Qualified counsellors with more than 2,000 hours experience.
- £45 – £50 for Accredited, Qualified counsellors with between 2,000 and 5,000 hours experience.
- £50 – £65 for Accredited or Senior Accredited, Qualified counsellors with more than 5,000 hours experience.
We also charge a one-off £10 administration fee. The counsellor will collect the £10, along with the first session fee by debit/credit card, BACs, or other means before the first session.